Sunday, September 28, 2008

 

An Encouraging Sign in the "Bailout Bill"


If you're like most people I know, you feel like we're in a "damned if we do, damned if we don't" dilemma with the Wall Street "Bailout Bill." I am philosophically opposed to bailing out people who were greedy or stupid on both ends of the financial pyramid. But this afternoon the text of the proposed bill was published (here's a link to the version hosted by the Wall Street Journal) and on the first page I saw something that made me feel good about the bill.

No, not the content - -I haven't had time to fully think about it. But based on the file name embedded in the pdf of the bill -- O:\AYO\AYO08C04.xml -- at least the people doing the publishing work for the bill are doing their best to save our tax dollars by creating the file using XML for efficient production and revision.

-Bob Glushko

Comments:
WOW GOLD, nice blog. its worth reading. I liked it very much
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?